Need to talk?

Get in touch with our helpline
24 hours a day

0808 80 10 800

I Need Help

Taking the first step of telling someone can be really difficult. We understand how hard that can be.

We provide a confidential and safe environment so that you can access the support you need. RASASC North Wales offers an equal service to men, women and children. Upon request we can provide women only or men only spaces.

Get immediate support by calling The Live Fear Free Helpline 0808 80 10 800.

To arrange one to one support and/or counselling – call our office on 01248 670 628 to discuss your needs and arrange an assessment.

Media queries – if you have a media-related enquiry on local issues regarding sexual abuse or violence, please email or call the office on 01248 670 628.

If you have recently experienced Sexual assault or violence it can be overwhelming thinking of where to start.

If you need immediate Support:
If you're in danger or need urgent medical attention, you can call 999 to speak to the police or ask for an ambulance or go straight to your nearest Accident & Emergency (A&E) department.

If something has just happened to you, you might want to:

  • Try to get somewhere that feels safe.
  • Try to stay warm (you could be in shock).
  • See if a friend or someone you trust can be with you.
  • Talk to someone about what's happened.
  • If you don't feel like telling a friend or family member yet, you can call the live fear free helpline on 0808 80 10 800

If you're thinking of reporting to the police
It's completely up to you whether or not to report to the police. No-one else can or should make that choice for you.

If you do report, a medical examination will usually be carried out to collect any forensic evidence. This is evidence that can be gathered through scientific tests, like DNA from hair or body fluids.
If you’re not sure yet whether you want to report to the police but think you might at some point, you can have a forensic medical examination at Amethyst SARC, Colwyn Bay (for further information please see Amethyst SARC). Here, forensic evidence can be stored for the future.
You can refer yourself for our support and therapy by the online referral form, through the Live fear free helpline or by contacting us direct by calling our office on 01248 670 628 or emailing us at:

Were you raped, sexually abused or sexually assaulted in the past? We’re here for you no matter when it happened.

Whether you were an adult and/or a child when it happened, rape and sexual violence can have big impacts on your health, life and relationships. Some of these can last a long time.
For example, you might:

  • Have depression, anxiety, panic attacks or phobias.
  • Feel angry, ashamed, sad, worthless or scared.
  • Cry a lot, or find it difficult to feel or show emotion.
  • Suffer from disturbing and intrusive thoughts and memories.
  • Have unexplained physical symptoms, including pain and illness.
  • Feel like you get relief by harming yourself - maybe by cutting, burning, neglecting your needs and health, or drinking and smoking too much.

You might also find that certain things trigger vivid memories of what happened to you. You might even feel as if you are going through it again.
Whether some of these things happen to you or not - or whether you live with other effects of sexual violence not listed here - your experience is real, valid and yours. There's no right or wrong way to be or feel, and you're not alone.

You can refer yourself for our support and/or therapy through our online referral form, calling The Live Fear Free Helpline or by calling our office direct on 01248 670 628.

We can also help you access the ISVA service by advising/referring you to the Amethyst, SARC in Colwyn Bay. The Independent Sexual Advocacy Service is to help support anyone who is going through the criminal justice service or is considering reporting what has happened to them to the police.

The Independent Sexual Violence Advocacy Service is a highly trained specialist service that is there to provide practical and emotional support to anyone who is going through the criminal justice system.

They can meet with you if you are undecided as to whether you want to report to the police or not and talk through the various options that are available to you.
They can arrange for you to visit the court before the trial date, so as to be more familiar with the setting.

They can liaise with other services, eg: housing agencies, benefits office, Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority, to help support you with practical needs following sexual violence.

The team also includes a Children and Young Peoples Sexual Violence Advocacy service which works with young people.

RCEW Standards Kitemark
Leave this website